This position is responsible for the timely and accurate analysis, reconciliation, and collection of all accounts receivable. This role also performs claim submission and follow-up to third party payers, accurate posting of insurance and patient payments in a timely manner, as well as scanning of documentation to appropriate accounts, answering all inquiries, and providing customer service in the resolution of billing issues and account balances. Primary focus is in one of the following areas: payment posting, collections accounts receivable management and/or remittance reconciliation.
$17 to $20 negotiable based on experience
- Assures charge data entry is accurate.
- Review patient accounts and identify where the claim is.
- Reviews clearinghouse transactions; reviews rejections for claim corrections, makes appropriate changes, and generates claim for submission or corrected claim.
- Reviews aged accounts receivables, monitors, and works outstanding insurance claims.
- Verifies charge interfaces are processing to appropriate accounts.
- Assures the release of claims to third party payers.
- Processes patient statements.
- Only working within current AR of claims (no collections) may need to reach out to payers from time to time to see status on a claim
- Assures payments are posted accurately and timely to patient accounts.
- Answers inquiries regarding insurance and/or billing concerns and follow-up with peer source when needed.
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries and problems.
- Obtains and evaluates all relevant information to handle charge inquiries and problems.
- Provides professional and courteous customer service to internal and external customers.
- Maintains basic knowledge of insurance companies’ policies and billing guidelines