Associate Microbiologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Use of proper handling procedures and aseptic technique.
- Prepare composites of routine samples.
- Perform initial dilutions and enrichments of samples.
- Perform sample plating for quantification.
- Perform transfers.
- Perform instrumentation work with guidance as needed.
- Perform diagnostics and reporting work with guidance as needed.
- Perform project work with guidance as needed.
- Perform routine cleaning and quality checks for equipment.
- Perform routine cleaning of work areas.
- Media preparation and quality control, including all appropriate documentation.
- Autoclave operation.
- Document work and maintain laboratory records.
- Plan for assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedule multiple assignments.
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow
instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- 4 year applicable degree.
- 4 year degree can be supplemented with a combination of experience and an associate degree
- 2+ years of experience
- Work requires use of PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Work requires some standing and sitting for long periods of time.
- Work may require lifting of weights of up to 40 lbs.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Position is full-time, M-F (day-swing shift) with overtime, weekend and holiday work as needed. You will be
- exposed to potential food allergens. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of DeSoto, TX are encouraged to apply.
As a job seeker, you face the daunting challenge of finding and landing a position that truly suits your talents and your career ambitions. At Medix, we are passionate about partnering with you to match you with the jobs and companies that are right for you. Our personalized placement services provide flexibility to accommodate your schedule and needs, as we offer contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire opportunities. We will also provide guidance and support during the interview process—if you need anything, from resume tips to information on the company you’re interviewing with, your recruiter is only a phone call away. Best of all, our placement services are 100% free to you.
As a Medix contractor, you can choose to enroll in our benefits program and enjoy:
- Supplemental medical coverage
- Prescription program
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage